The Pollen app was the first app I did for a client who knew exactly what they wanted down to the pixel. Their wireframes were so detailed, it looks like they looked into the future, took screenshots of the app, and put the screenshots into the wireframe.
They specified fonts, image sizes, backgrounds, timings (for the progress indicator), and everything else down to the smallest detail.
This made estimating the app a lot easier. It also made actually creating the app a lot easier too. There was no second-guessing the client and then having them come back with changes.
It was really nice.
Here you can see the splash screen. The problem was that the splash screen wasn’t showing for long enough. The client actually wanted people to look at the splash screen. So they requested that I make the splash sequence longer, and that I add the progress indicator.
Here you see the first image after the app is done loading. It’s a map of the country, showing pollen concentrations. I download the latest image from the internet and fade it into place over the last image downloaded. I think it’s a pretty cool effect, and it wasn’t too hard to do.
Here is the video list. It changes depending on what’s available on the client’s site. So more pollen report videos become available over time.
Last up, this is the info page with information about the app and the pollen website and service. The link brings you to the website, prompting you first.
Leave a comment